Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
Loom & Leaf Mattress Ratings
|Factors We Considered||Rating (1-10)|
- High-density comfort layers: Loom & Leaf’s two comfort layers are made of 4.5 inches of high-density memory foam that conform to your body and offer good spinal alignment and relieve pressure points.
- Heat-reducing gel: The Loom & Leaf’s comfort layer includes a laminate of spinal-grade gel designed to reduce heat retention.
- Made in North America: Loom & Leaf mattresses are made in the United States or Canada.
- Motion isolation: A memory foam mattress, the Loom & Leaf has excellent motion isolation, so you won’t be disturbed by a moving partner. This mattress is quiet as well.
- Good customer service: Loom & Leaf is a Saatva product. Saatva has a good reputation for customer service and excellent Better Business Bureau ratings. The Loom & Leaf mattress brand has a 120-day trial period, full-service delivery, and a customer-friendly warranty.
- Sleeping hot: As is the case with many memory foam mattresses, some sleepers feel they sleep hot on the Loom & Leaf, even with the cooling gel in the comfort layer.
- Shipping cost: Loom & Leaf delivery costs $99. The mattress is delivered and set up. This cost is not refundable if you return the mattress.
- No showroom: There is not a showroom or brick-and-mortar store for Loom & Leaf mattresses. You will not be able to try the mattress before you buy it. Although there is a 120-day trial period, the delivery fee is not refundable.
- Limited data: Loom & Leaf’s parent company, Saatva, has made mattresses since 2011. The Loom & Leaf mattress has been made since 2015. Though the initial quality of the mattress indicates it should last as long as the average memory foam mattress, the mattress has not been manufactured long enough to support this assumption with data.
Loom & Leaf has extensive information on mattress specifications, including the composition of each layer of the mattress. Loom & Leaf mattresses are made from organic cotton, hypoallergenic fibers, thistle with wood pulp and a polyester binding agent, cotton, visco memory foam, rayon, Kevlar thread, and foam made of 30 percent soy and corn with polyurethane and Dacron. The mattress comes in two comfort levels: relaxed firm and firm. Both options have the same overall thickness. The Internal Load Deflection (ILD) of Loom & Leaf foams ranges from 14 to 44 pounds. Memory foam on the Loom & Leaf mattress ranges from 1.6 pounds per cubic foot (PCF) in the support core to 5 PCF in the comfort layer.
Cover: Organic cotton, foam
Comfort layers: Gel memory foam, memory foam
Support core: Polyfoam
|Model/Thickness||Firmness||Cover||Comfort Layer(s)||Support Core|
|Relaxed Firm||5 (medium)||⅝ inches of foam quilted with organic cotton||2.5 inches of 5 PCF gel memory foam, 2 inches of 4 PCF memory foam||2 inches of 1.6 PCF polyfoam, 5.5 inches of 1.8 PCF polyfoam|
|Firm||8 (firm)||⅝ inches of foam quilted with organic cotton||2.5 inches of 5 PCF gel memory foam, 2 inches of 4 PCF memory foam||2 inches of 1.6 PCF polyfoam, 5.5 inches of 1.8 PCF polyfoam|
1. cover, 2. gel, 3. memory foam, 4. support foam
There is a 120 night sleep trial with the Loom & Leaf. You can return the mattress within 120 days and get a full refund. The mattress will be picked up free of charge without any penalty or restocking fees. However, there are no refunds on the $99 mattress delivery fee.
Loom & Leaf mattresses come with a 15 year non-prorated warranty that starts after your 120 night sleep trial. In the first two years of the warranty, you can have a defective mattress replaced at no charge. Starting in the third year through the end of the warranty, you can have the mattress repaired and recovered for a transportation cost of $99 each way ($198 for both).
You can also take advantage of Loom & Leaf’s Fairness Replacement Option. Under this option, you can purchase a new mattress at a significant discount (between 25 to 75 percent) depending on how old your mattress is. For example, if you use the Fairness Replacement Option in years three through five, you will pay 25 percent of the original price you paid for your mattress to get a new one. You can keep your old mattress free of charge if you purchase a new mattress.
Loom & Leaf’s warranty is only valid for the original purchaser. Claims must be sent in writing. The warranty is valid if your mattress is used on an adjustable base or platform bed. If you use a metal frame, however, the warranty will be void if the foundation is not adequately supported. For a queen or king size bed, there must be vertical center support with a five to six leg metal bed frame. Body indentations of less than ¾ inch are not covered by the warranty. Abuse or damage to the mattress are not covered under the warranty.
Loom & Leaf mattresses are hand delivered with full service setup to addresses in the continental U.S. and Canada. Delivery takes one to three weeks and has a nonrefundable cost of $99.
Delivery and setup of your mattress is scheduled within a four hour window. An adult 18 years of age or older must be home at the time of delivery. If the delivery is not on time, you can get a full refund on the price of the mattress including the delivery fee. If you miss the delivery window, you can get a refund (minus the delivery fee), or reschedule to get another delivery with a new delivery fee. If the mattress arrives damaged, you can get a refund including the delivery fee or reorder the same mattress at no additional cost. You also have the option to accept the damaged mattress and exchange it at no additional cost.
You can have Loom & Leaf haul away your old mattress at the time of delivery. This service has a fee of $39. To request old mattress removal, be sure to check the Mattress Removal box when your order your mattress.
How firm is the Loom & Leaf mattress?
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes in two different firmness levels: Relaxed Firm (medium) and Firm (firm). With medium firmness, Relaxed Firm works for most sleepers. People who need a very soft mattress will not be satisfied with the Loom & Leaf mattress. Likewise, this mattress is not for people who need an extremely firm mattress.
How much motion transfer will you get with the Loom & Leaf mattress?
Loom & Leaf mattresses are memory foam mattresses. Memory foam is known for its good motion isolation properties, so you can expect very little motion transfer with the Loom & Leaf mattress.
Does the Loom & Leaf mattress have good edge support?
Like many other memory foam mattresses, Loom & Leaf mattresses do not offer much edge support. When you’re sitting or sleeping on or near the edge, you may feel like you’re rolling off the side of the bed.
Will the Loom & Leaf mattress smell with it arrives?
Some customers notice offgassing smells with the Loom & Leaf mattress. However, the mattress arrives uncompressed and may dissipate at the factory or during shipping before the mattress reaches your home. If there are still offgassing odors upon delivery, you can expect them to dissipate within one to two days of delivery.
How supportive is the Loom & Leaf mattress?
With 4.5 inches of high-density memory foam in the comfort layer, the Loom & Leaf offers good support and spinal alignment.
Will the Loom & Leaf mattress conform to my body?
As a memory foam mattress, the Loom & Leaf offers good conforming ability. The mattress responds to each sleeper’s body heat to conform to their body shape. The Relaxed Firm typically conforms better than the Firm model.
How long should the Loom & Leaf mattress last?
Made of high-density memory foam, which typically has a good lifespan and is not prone to sagging, the Loom & Leaf should offer good durability. However, the Loom & Leaf mattress has only been manufactured since 2015. With no long-term data, we do not have any evidence that you can expect this mattress to last more or less than the average memory foam mattress.
Is the Loom & Leaf mattress good for sex?
The Loom & Leaf’s high-density memory foam comfort layers give most sleepers a sinking feeling that can make it difficult to move on the bed for sexual activity. However, this mattress is very quiet.
How does the Loom & Leaf mattress support different sleeping positions?
Side: Very good for all weights of sleepers
Back: Good for lightweight sleepers (less than 130 pounds), average (130 to 230 pounds), fair for heavyweight sleepers (more than 230 pounds)
Stomach: Good for average weight sleepers, fair for lightweight or heavyweight sleepers
What do I need to know about the company?
Customer service/reputation: Loom & Leaf and the brand’s parent company, Saatva, have a very good reputation and customer service track record. Saatva has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and good customer reviews.
BBB rating: A+
Established in: 2015