Casper Mattress Review
Casper Mattress Ratings
|Factors We Considered||Rating (1-10)|
- Price: Starting at $550 for a twin mattress, Casper's mattress prices are about average for a foam mattress.
- Excellent customer service: Casper is known for its good customer service, with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and a track record for helpful service.
- Fast, free delivery: Casper mattresses are compressed, vacuum sealed, and shipped to your door in a box. You don't have to schedule or wait on a delivery if you don't want to. Same day white glove delivery is available in parts of New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
- Non-prorated warranty: With the Casper mattress, you will get a 10 year non-prorated warranty. That means the mattress will be repaired or replaced for covered defects for the full term of the warranty. Other mattresses with a prorated warranty may require payment during the prorated period, such as 75 percent of the value of the original mattress to repair or replace a seven year old mattress.
- Company longevity: One of the first online mattress companies, Casper was founded in 2013 and launched production in 2014. Casper's mattresses have been on the market longer than more recently established mattress companies.
- One firmness option: Other mattress brands may offer multiple firmness options, but Casper just has one. Though Casper's mattress is designed to be universally comfortable, they may not be the right fit for every sleeper, especially those that benefit from a mattress that is particularly firm or soft.
- Less motion isolation and conforming: Casper mattresses have memory foam and polyfoam in the comfort layer and don't perform quite as well in motion isolation and conforming as mattresses with a comfort layer made entirely of memory foam.
Casper mattresses are made of polyfoam, memory foam, polyester, and polyester blends. The support core is made of 1.8 PCF polyfoam. In the comfort layer, there is 4 PCF memory foam and 2.5 PCF polyfoam.
Cover: 100 percent polyester top panel, 51 percent polyester, 49 percent polypropylene side panels, 50 percent rayon, 45 percent polyester, 5 percent aramid bottom panel
Comfort layers: Polyfoam, memory foam
Support core: Polyfoam
|Model/Thickness||Firmness||Cover||Comfort Layer(s)||Support Core|
|Casper Mattress||5 (medium)||100% polyester top panel, 51% polyester, 49% polypropylene side panels 50% rayon, 45% polyester, 5% aramid bottom panel||1.5-inch polyfoam, 1.5-inch 4 PCF memory foam, 1.5-inch 2.5 PCF polyfoam||5-inch 1.8 PCF polyfoam|
Casper mattresses come with a 100 night sleep trial. With this sleep trial, you can return the mattress for a full refund within 100 nights. You will not be responsible for shipping fees.
If you decide to return your mattress during the sleep trial, Casper will arrange for pickup. Mattresses are donated to local charities or recycled wherever possible.
Although Casper's sleep trial is valid for 100 nights, this length of time does not extend to mattresses purchased on Amazon.com. Mattresses purchased on Amazon.com must be returned within 30 days to receive a refund.
Casper offers a 10 year mattress warranty. For the full 10 years, Casper's warranty covers repair or replacement of visible indentations greater than one inch, flaws that cause the foam material to split or crack during normal usage and handling, and manufacturing defects in the mattress cover zipper assembly.
The warranty does not cover normal increases in softness, comfort preference, physical abuse or damage such as burns, cuts, tears, or stains, or replacement of non-defective pieces. The warranty only extends to mattresses sold directly by Casper or authorized retailers in new, first quality condition. Mattresses purchased from resellers who are not authorized retailers or mattresses purchased in as-is, preconditioned, reconditioned, used, comfort return, returned, or previously owned mattresses are not covered.
Casper requires mattress owners to use bed bases that are structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and its users. Specifically, a proper foundation includes a foundation and box spring with wooden slats no more than four inches apart, a flat platform bed, or a wooden slatted base with slats no more than four inches apart.
To initiate a return, you must show proof of purchase and evidence of a defect and claims. You will not be required to pay shipping costs to return your mattress. Casper allows owners to upgrade to a more expensive mattress by paying the difference between the original purchase price of the original and upgrade mattress.
Under warranty, Casper will repair or replace your mattress for free. However, you will have to pay any shipping fees required to ship a repaired or replacement mattress to you. If your mattress is repaired, your original warranty will continue, but if you upgrade your mattress, a new warranty will start.
Mattress removal is not offered for box deliveries, however, removal services are available with white glove delivery services in New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
How firm is the Casper mattress?
The Casper mattress offers one level of firmness, which is rated 5 on the firmness scale, or medium firm. With medium firmness, the Casper mattress is designed to be comfortable for most sleepers. However, it may not be adequate for those who need a mattress that is very firm or very soft.
How much motion transfer will you get with the Casper mattress?
The Casper mattress offers some motion isolation and performs better than a bouncy innerspring mattress. However, it does not reduce motion as effectively as mattresses with a higher memory foam content.
Does the Casper mattress have good edge support?
The Casper mattress struggles with edge support, as do many other foam mattresses. You may feel too much sinkage and a sensation of falling off the side of the bed when you sleep or sit close to the edge.
Will the Casper mattress smell when it arrives?
Like many other foam mattresses, the Casper mattress often has offgassing odors when it is removed from its box. Usually, the smell is not excessive and will dissipate within a few hours or days, but it may bother people who are particularly sensitive to smell.
How supportive is the Casper mattress?
The Casper mattress is designed to offer good support with just enough sink to respond well to your weight and relieve pressure points while aligning the spine.
Will the Casper mattress conform to my body?
Casper mattresses offer good contouring abilities, as the comfort layers react to the curves of your body. However, mattresses with more memory foam or latex content may conform more closely.
How long should the Casper mattress last?
Casper's mattresses are made of good quality materials, so they should last as long as the average foam mattress (about seven years). But with just a few years on the market, there is no long term data to indicate how long the mattress will actually last.
Is the Casper mattress good for sex?
Foam mattresses like Casper may give you a feeling of fighting the bed and can be difficult to move on, particularly during sexual activity. The Casper mattress is no exception, but it offers a little more bounce and ease of movement than memory foam mattresses.
How does the Casper mattress support different sleeping positions?
Side: Very good for lightweight sleepers (less than 130), good for lightweight sleepers (130 to 230 pounds), fair for heavyweight sleepers (more than 230 pounds)
Back: Good for lightweight, average, and heavyweight sleepers
Stomach: Good for lightweight and average sleepers, fair for heavyweight sleepers
What do I need to know about the company?
Customer service/reputation: Casper is known for its good customer service and maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating.
BBB rating: A+
Established in: 2013